Jackery Explorer 500 provides power-to-go in a compact, lightweight design featuring multiple connections to charge your gear, devices and more. Use it indoors in your home or office as a back-up power supply, or take the Explorer 500 with you on camping holidays, overland trips, hiking, outdoor recreational outings and much more.
The rechargeable portable power station can keep most of your gear charged allowing you to stay connected and comfortable. It can also be used as an emergency power backup at home, or an off-grid power supply.
Featuring an AC outlet, a DC carport, three USB ports, and an LCD display, the power inverter can charge multiple devices at the same time, and the LCD display gives you a clear understanding of the battery level and charging power.
- Battery management system (BMS) and power on/off buttons ensure safety for your devices and yourself. The BMS enables short circuit protection, voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations.
- Pure Sine Wave Inverter ensures safety when powering sensitive devices like laptops and electronics without damage.
- Additional safety features include a powerfully built-in LED flashlight with SOS mode, LCD screen with charge/discharge and battery life status and switch with indicator light for on/off output port charging.
- Life-long technical support and 2-year warranty.
Typical device usage:
Phone – 53 Charges
Tablet – 30 Charges
Laptops – 7 Charges
Fibre & WiFi – 14 hr
Mini Fridge – 8+ hr
TV (60W) – 7 hr
Connecting your Solar Panel
- With compatible solar power charging the Explorer 500 can perform as a solar generator. So you can have an unlimited, green power source from the sun and keep charged on the go.
- The Explorer 500 can be fully charged under direct sun in 9.5 hours by connecting the SolarSaga 100W solar panel (panels sold separately).
Peak Capacity: 518Wh (21.6V, 24Ah) 144,400 mAh / 3.6V
Cell Chemistry: Li-ion NMC
Lifecycles: ≥500 cycles to 80%
Shelf-life: Charge every 3-6 Months
Management System: BMS, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection
Charge Methods: AC Wall Outlet, 12V Car adaptor, Solar Panel (optional)
Full Recharge Time:7.5 Hours (AC) Around 9.5 Hours (Optional Saga 100W solar panel with Full Sun)
Colour: Gray & Orange
Product Weight: 6.04 kg
Dimensions (LxWxD): 30 x 19.3 x 23.4 cm’s
Operating Usage Temperature: (0 – 40C)
Certification: FCC, ROHS, UN38.3
Charging Input (DC, 8mm): 12V-30V, 3.5A (100W Max)
DC Output (Car port): Around 16 Hours
DC Output (6mm): 12V, 10A (DC cable to Car Port cable provided)
USB Output: Three USB-A ports (5V 2.4A each, total 30W max)
AC Output (pure sine wave): 230V AC, 500W Continuous, 1000W Surge Peak
Safety by Design:
Battery management system (BMS) enables short circuit protection, voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations. Other enhanced safety features includes:
- Powerful built-in LED flashlight with SOS mode
- LCD screen with charge/discharge and battery life status
- Switch with indicator light for on/off output port charging
In the Box: AC Adaptor, DC to Car Adapter cable and AC to DC cable, SA 2-prong to 3-prong outlet adaptor, User Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What type of batteries are in an Explorer 500?
A: Explorer 500 contains a battery pack which consists of an optimised array of high quality cylindrical 18650 lithium-ion battery cells with high energy density.
Q: How do I know if my Explorer 500 is charged?
A: To check the charge level of the Explorer 500, refer to the LCD Battery Display. The display will also show you input wattage and output wattage if the explorer is in use.
Q: How do I know if my device will work with the Explorer 500?
A: You will need to check the amount of power your device requires. Most devices have a power sticker, alternatively an online search or examining the user guide for your device should indicate whether the device is less than or equal to 500W.
Q: What devices can the Explorer 500 power?
A: Please note that the AC output port can only charge/power devices that operate at less than 500-Watt. Once exceeding 500-Watt the Explorer 500 will shut off automatically.
Q: How to calculate the working time for my device? e.g. WiFi Router
A: Working time = 500Wh* 0.85 / operating power of your device. For reference, assuming power consumption of your fibre router and WiFi router use a combined 30W, working time will be 518wh*0.85/30w = 14 hours (roughly calculated).
Q: How long does it take to fully charge the Explorer 500?
A: Within 7.5 hours from an AC wall outlet. There are two additional recharge options: recharge from a car port in approximately 16 hours, or from the Jackery Saga 100W solar panel within 9.5 hours (sold separately).